Outdoorsman Baltic Birch with Cabinet and Extenders
The Outdoorsman is our toughest and most flexible camp kitchen. The Outdoorsman Baltic Birch sports a new countertop extender design that enables the extenders to be conveniently attached to the outside of the counter for easy transport and storage.
- Made in Colorado, USA.
- Three storage compartments with a removable divider for flexibility.
- Slide-out shelf with magnetic knife rack.
- Two drawers for spices, utensils, and silverware.
- Stainless steel hinge to support the counter.
- Countertop extenders to make your working space even larger. For the Outdoorsman Baltic Birch, they are attached to the outside of the countertop when the unit is closed.
- Quality craftsmanship.
Cabinet Size & Weight
- Outside dimensions: 28-5/8" wide, 14-3/8" deep, 18-3/9" tall
- Inside dimensions: 27-5/8" wide, 12-3/8" deep, 16-3/4" tall
- Height above the top shelf: 6-1/8"
- Empty weight without legs and extenders: 35 lbs.
- Extenders: 5 lbs.
Countertop Working Surface
The countertop working surface is 18" x 28-5/8" without the extenders. With the extenders, the total countertop working width is 49-1/4" for the Baltic Birch.
Outdoorsman Baltic Birch
3/8" and 1/4" Baltic birch solid-core, CARB-certified plywood
The My Camp Kitchen Outdoorsman Baltic Birch is produced from birch trees in the Baltic region of Europe, primarily Russia and Finland. We chose Baltic birch for our products because of its strength and solid core, which enables dado, rabbet, box, and dovetail joinery.
We use Grade BB, which is generally light and even in color. Occasional small, tight knots are permitted. Open knots and defects are cut out and replaced with small veneer patches before gluing. Grade BB permits up to six small patches per sheet. The veneer selected for the patches is of the same general color as the basic face veneer. When possible, we cut the wood so we can position the patches on the inside.
Although the thickness is commonly expressed in Imperial (English) units, Baltic birch is manufactured to metric dimensions: 1/4" is actually 6mm and has five plies; 3/8" is 9mm and has seven plies; and 1/2" is 12mm and has nine plies.
For the Outdoorsman Baltic Birch, we use a UV-cured epoxy acrylate finish on the flat surface. This is an extremely tough and scratch-resistant finish. To bring out the attractive contrast of the plies, we use an oil finish for the edges.
Note: Discontinued until late 2021.