Outdoorsman Okoume Complete
- Made in Colorado, USA.
- Three storage compartments with a removable divider for flexibility.
- Slide-out shelf with magnetic knife rack.
- Two drawers for spices, utensils, and silverware.
- Stainless steel hinge to support the counter.
- Adjustable hardwood legs for uneven terrain and countertop height of 30" to 36". These legs are a new material and design and are included with the Outdoorsman. If you have an older design without the fully adjustable hardwood legs and would like to upgrade, you may purchase the legs separately.
- Countertop extenders to make your working space even larger. The Outdoorsman Okoume extenders are stowed separately.
- Quality craftsmanship.
Cabinet Size & Weight
- Outside dimensions: 28-5/8" wide, 14-3/8" deep, 18-3/9" tall
- Inside dimensions: 27-5/8" wide, 12-3/8" deep, 16-3/4" tall
- Height above the top shelf: 6-1/8"
- Empty weight without legs and extenders:
- Okoume: 25 lbs.
- Legs and hardware: 5 lbs.
- Extenders: 5 lbs.
Countertop Working Surface
The countertop working surface is 18" x 28-5/8" without the extenders. With the extenders, the total countertop working width is 52" for the Okoume.
1/2" and 1/4" Okoume marine-grade plywood
We chose Okoume not because it is marine-grade but because of its light weight. Okoume is 30-percent lighter than Baltic birch. Another advantage is its beauty. When finished with a clear varnish, Okoume has a light mahogany appearance.
Also known as gaboon or combogala, Okoume (aucoumea klaineana) is a tree species. It is only found in Gabon, the Congo, and Equatorial Guinea in Africa. Okoume has an exceptionally high strength-to-weight ratio, making it the plywood of choice for racing boats and applications where weight matters. Because it grows rapidly and regenerates well in clearings, Okoume is a highly renewable resource. The logs are shipped from Africa to France and converted into a marine-grade plywood by Joubert Plywood Group, which ships products for sale in the US. It is significantly more expensive than Baltic birch but worth the added cost.
The finish on the Outdoorsman Okoume is a two-component exterior-grade conversion varnish.
Note: Discontinued until late 2021.