We created the ProCamper series for three compelling reasons:
- We wanted to offer something with pricing between the Summit and Outdoorsman.
- We strove for ease of set-up. The Outdoorsman requires the attachment of four legs using eight T-knobs—not really a big deal, but for some it was a bit cumbersome. I designed a stand similar to the Summit but more compact and with lots of storage space. I also added an easy attachment to the cabinet with our SlideLock T&G mechanism.
- Weight has been an issue for me personally, so after creating the ProCamper Baltic Birch, I developed the ProCamper Okoume with Joubert Okoume marine-grade plywood, which is 30-percent lighter than the Baltic birch and has equal or better strength. The ProCamper Okoume cabinet is more expensive than the Baltic birch version but significantly lighter.
- Made in Colorado, USA.
- Three storage compartments with a removable divider for flexibility.
- Slide-out shelf with magnetic knife rack.
- Two drawers for spices, utensils, and tableware.
- Made from Okoume marine-grade plywood with a natural finish (lighter than Baltic birch by 11 lbs.).
- Comes with collapsible stand rather than removable legs.
- Stand has large storage area.
- Legs are adjustable for leveling and maintaining a counter height from 26" to 36".
- Countertop extenders to make your working space even larger.
- Waterproof cover also available.
- Quality craftsmanship.
The ProCamper has a cabinet identical in interior design to our popular Outdoorsman—including the same large shelf for storage along with a removable divider, spice drawer, utensil drawer, magnetic knife drawer, and drop-down counter.
It is also available with counter extensions. These come as a pair, just as with the Outdoorsman. The counter width with a pair of extensions is 52".
The ProCamper Okoume cabinet is made from 12mm Joubert Okoume marine-grade plywood with a total empty cabinet weight of 25 pounds. It is 30 percent lighter than the ProCamper Baltic Birch.
The stand collapses much like a “porta-crib.” The legs are adjustable from 26 to 36 inches. They have our SlideLock T&G mechanism for quick and easy slide-on attachment of the cabinet to the stand. Legs are locked into position once the proper height and level have been established by a simple twist of T-knobs.
Since the weight difference between a Baltic birch and Okoume stand is only a pound, adding the cost of Okoume wood does not make economical sense. Instead, we use Baltic birch plywood and stain it to match the color of the Okoume.
Size & Weight
- Outside dimensions: 28-5/8" wide, 14-3/8" deep, 18-3/4" tall
- Inside dimensions: 27-5/8" wide, 12-3/8" deep, 16-3/4" tall
- Height above the top shelf: 6-1/8"
- Weight: 25 lbs. for Okoume
- Working area: 28-5/8" wide, 17" deep
- Working area with countertop extenders: 52"
- Stand size collapsed: 26" wide, 28" deep, 4" tall
- Weight: 21 lbs.
Made to order. Expect delivery in four to six weeks.
Note: Discontinued until late 2021.